We turned apathy into excitement with systematized communication for a citizen project
As Thane city’s Municipal Commissioner Mr. Sanjeev Jaiswal wanted to create a cordial communication platform between the citizen’s and the civic officials, he planned an App to ease functions. The App was envisioned by the Tel Aviv municipality and redesigned to suit the Indian Psyche. The biggest challenge, however, was to create a favorable and trustworthy image of the civic body to convince citizens into downloading the App and using it. With a population of almost 22 lakhs, the success of the app would be measured by the number of downloads in the first phase. Ascend Adcom was roped in for the task and asked to create compelling creative material to engage the citizenry and create a positive buzz about this novel and gigantic project.
• Created a novel communication language
• Defined a complete cohesive messaging
• Created multiple touch points
• Used a different approach in making the campaign visible
• Studied pain points of the citizens
• Strategically repositioned the brand DigiThane
• Used stakeholder focused communication
• Updated all communication in a phased manner
It was a challenge to ensure that the citizen's apathy towards government programs was shattered. With a stakeholder focused teaser campaign, a huge buzz was created to ensure people's engagement with the impending solutions to their problems. A huge word of mouth was, therefore, a good way help build trust in the Thane Municipal Corporation.